ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: ant/docs/manual/CoreTasks exec.html
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2003 08:06:48 GMT
On Tue, 29 Jul 2003, Conor MacNeill <>

>> (2) the spawned process to be stoped or even killed by the system
>> (at least Unix) as soon as it tries to write to stdout or stderr
>> (probably either with SIGTTOU, SIGPIPE or SIGHUP).
> Why not just "caveat user" :-)

AFAIU the current implementation will ignore the error/output
attributes, which means that the user may think everything is fine
even if it isn't.

And then even if we use our PumpStreamHandler for stdout/stderr things
are going to fail if the process is expected to outlive Ant (I'm still
not sure if it is).

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message