ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ant 1.5.4 : Import
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2003 10:59:57 GMT
If you want to simplify things, why not go even further?

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003, Conor MacNeill <conor@cortexebusiness.com.au>
wrote:

> 1. import with optional name. The name is to be used in the renaming
> of targets.

I'd like to think about removing target renaming completely.  What
exactly is the use-case for this?  I've come up with a vague idea, but
it would help tremendously what people do want this feature for.

> 2. Define a single property ant.import.file which is resolved at
> import time to the import location. All other properties are nt
> resolved.

Why does the imported/included file need to know its name, after we've
limited it to not access resources relative to its own basedir as in

> 4. All normal Ant operations (i.e. not imports) are resolved to the
> basedir of the outer project. There is no access to other basedirs.

Stefan