ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: "echo"-task, ignorable whitespace and CDATA-elements
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2003 06:53:32 GMT
On Wed, 30 Jul 2003, Morten Mortensen
<> wrote:

> It would be nice, if the "echo" task worked a bit different -
> actually *ignored* leading and trailing whitespace in the body of
> the text.

It may be possible to make that an option, but not the default IMHO.
I know a few build files that write files with <echo> or simply try to
pretty-format a message and we'd destroy the usecase.

> Example:
> <echo>This is text!</echo>
> - and -
> <echo>
>   This is text!
> </echo>

If it didn't, it would be completely impossible to use <echo> to write
a Python script for example (yes, people do things like this).

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message