ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: <exec> on openvms
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2003 14:34:57 GMT
On Thu, 10 Jul 2003, Knut Wannheden <knut.wannheden@paranor.ch> wrote:

> But the other Runtime.exec() methods (without working directory)
> should all work.

So let's really treat OpenVMS like OS/2 and disable the Jdk13Launcher
unconditionally.

> There seem to be some other tasks which check the return value of
> Execute#execute() against zero though, including <cvs>,
> <cvstagdiff>, <cvschangelog>, and <javadoc>.  Would this change be
> backward compatibility issue?

I don't think so.

Any user task that used the return value of execute would be as broken
on OpenVMS as it ever was, and should continue working where it did
before.  All tasks adapted to the new method should work in OpenVMS as
well without seeing any difference elsewhere.

> Once I have gathered all the information I'll try to write a patch
> for Execute to get <exec> and friends to work on VMS.

Great.

Stefan