ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject OpenVMS changes (was Re: FileUtils#normalize(File))
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2003 14:46:22 GMT
On Wed, 30 Jul 2003, Knut Wannheden <> wrote:

> On the downside a FileUtils#toVMSPath(File) would push the OS
> awareness responsibility up a level, in which case
> Commandline.Argument.setFile(File) would have to check for OpenVMS
> and call this method.

I agree, Commandline.Argument shouldn't need to be aware of this.
Maybe the better place for toOSPath would still be Execute, even if it
would start stretching the responsibility of that class.

> I was thinking about the FileUtils#getSetLastModified(), which using
> reflection returns the File#setLastModified(long) method.  Alas, I
> found that exactly this method doesn't have any effect on OpenVMS

Well at least it won't make a difference whether you invoke it via
reflection or not.

One question I asked some time last week in a post with a subject that
didn't catch your interest.  Does the OpenVMS VM translate the exit
code?  I.e. if your Java application exits with System.exit(0), what
will the return code be?

I've changed <java> to use Execute#isFailure in the forked case, but
that would be wrong if the VM doesn't translate the exit code.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message