ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Patch] keep-alive feature
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2003 06:54:41 GMT
On Tue, 8 Jul 2003, Alexey Solofnenko <A.Solofnenko@mdl.com> wrote:

> Actually the reason to implement keep-alive (originally keep-going)
> is to find as many problems as possible. It is done by executing all
> targets that do not depend directly or indirectly on failed
> targets. It is not fail-on-error flag - the build will still fail.

OK, I agree that we are talking about different things, then.

keep-going seems a better name, not sure whether it is the best
possible name (I've always been extremely bad with names and Ant has
suffered from this several times 8-).

I'm fine with the revised implementation as well. I'd print the
exception's stack trace with a debug or even verbose loglevel in the
catch block for those exceptions that will not be rethrown, though.

attribute as well?

Stefan