ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: New Laucher
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2003 13:16:08 GMT
On Tue, 1 Jul 2003, Conor MacNeill <>

> On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 10:02 pm, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>> The only thing I've stumbled over for now is the almost duplicate
>> code of Locator#getClassLocationURL and
>> oata.util.LoaderUtils#getClassSource
> I wanted to keep the dependencies between Ant proper and the
> launcher to a minimum.

OK, and agreed.

> I don't think the current code would be good candidate for that due
> to its coupling to FileUtils.

It's JDK 1.1 legacy as far as I'm concerned and could those be swapped
against the commented Axis' code.

> although I'm a bit leery of the url.openConnection().

Looking at the top of JavaURLConnection's javadocs, simply stripping
the leading "jar:" and everything after the first "!" (if present)
should be sufficient to replace the call to getJarFile.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message