ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: <exec> on openvms
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2003 08:18:07 GMT
On Thu, 10 Jul 2003, Gus Heck <gus-antdev@cognition.olin.edu> wrote:

> So I read this and looked to my left at the Design Patterns book
> that was already open to the Adapter Pattern for other reasons...

We already sort-of use it for the CommandLauncher, I'd decide on a
case by case basis whether an if or a new class is the better choice.

In the case of return code interpretation, we could move the
evaluation into the command launcher, or a new class.  I'm just not
sure we really need to go that far when OpenVMs seems to be the only
OS (with a Java VM) where a return code of 0 signals an error/warning.

Stefan