ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Testing of Ant
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2003 11:46:29 GMT
On Mon, 21 Jul 2003, Magiel Bruntink <magiel@software-improvers.com>
wrote:

> To validate theoretical results, I have used the Ant sources as the
> subject of a case study.

Then you already have our main point of testing, our unit tests (in
the src/testcases subdirectory).

> 1. Do you use some kind of testing criterion?

As much as possible 8-)

There are no hard rules.  When a bug is discovered we prefer to have a
unit test that verifies the bug.  This one will become part of our
testsuite and ensure that we won't create the same bug again.  But
writing tests is no requirement.

> 2. Is the level of compliance to the testing criterion subject to
> measurement?

As there are no rules, there is nothing to validate.

> Do you use a tool to automatically calculate your code coverage?

Not methodically as part if Ant itself.

Conor MacNeill has done so[1][2] over time using Clover, Stephane
Bailliez used to do so with JProbe coverage IIRC (sorry, no URL).

Stefan

Footnotes:
[1]  http://codefeed.com/blog/archives/000004.html
[2]  http://codefeed.com/blog/archives/000020.html