ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: <exec> on openvms
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2003 15:28:43 GMT
On Thu, 10 Jul 2003, Ken Gentle <> wrote:
> At 10:45 AM 7/10/2003, you wrote:
>>On Thu, 10 Jul 2003, Ken Gentle <> wrote:
>> > Guys, if you're willing to introduce a JNI lib for VMS, all the
>> > operations you wish to perform are available through VMS System
>> > Services,
>>Sure - just like many useful Unix operations (like stat or setuid)
>>could be 8-)
> Hey, I'm not suggesting that it be done for ant in general -- just
> a one-off for a dying operating system...

I know.

> I understand -- I was under the (apparently) mistaken impression
> that Apache had a VMS box,

I certainly wish we had.

The "Apache compile farm" - if you want to call it that way -
currently consists of a bunch of ASF-paid FreeBSD boxes (running our
infrastructure, so we better don't cause higher CPU loads), a MacOS X
machine donated by Apple and a Solaris machine donated by Sun.  That's
all.  Not even an ASF owned Linux or Windows box.

> (maybe running Digital's Unix OS (name escapes me at the moment)).

True64 IIRC.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message