ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/zip ZipOutputStream.java
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2003 11:45:12 GMT
On 22 Jul 2003, <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:

>        /**
>   +     * Deflater object for output
>   +     *
>   +     * @since 1.14
>   +     */
>   +    protected Deflater def = new Deflater(Deflater.DEFAULT_COMPRESSION, true);
>   +
>   +    /**
>   +     * Deflater buffer
>   +     *
>   +     * @since 1.14
>   +     */
>   +    protected byte[] buf = new byte[512];

protected and not private (as checkstyle will certainly find out 8-).

The reason for this is that ZipOutputStream used to extend
java.util.zip.DeflaterOutputStream which has those two protected
members.  It now extends FilterOutputStream directly and this will
provide a certain level of API compatibility.  I'm not sure that we
really want to go that far.

Stefan