ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ant 1.5.4 : Import
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2003 15:09:13 GMT
On 24 Jul 2003, peter reilly <peter.reilly@corvil.com> wrote:

> So the question is what should B's import be relative to:
>
>   1) A.xml's basedir
>   2) B.xml
>   3) B.xml's currently ignored basedir attribute.
>
> I think that the consensus is 3).

I'm not sure, I'm more along the lines of (3) if B has a basedir
attribute and (1) if B has none.

That is that I can write an importable snippet that doesn't depend on
on its own location by omitting the basedir attribute and setting it
if it does.

The usecase for the later is something like Centipede's cents (as I
understand them) where a <taskdef> in the imported snippet needs to
specify jars for the classpath - and would do so using relative paths.
For easier installment of the full package, that should be relative to
the imported file IMHO.

Stefan