ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ant 1.5.4 : Import
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2003 07:52:03 GMT

Conor MacNeill wrote, On 29/07/2003 9.15:

> On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 04:56 pm, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>>>I think this is all getting too complex for <import>. What you are
>>>describing is project composition where each project maintains its own
>>>context, its own basedir, etc.
>>
>>AFAIK this is done with <ant>....
>
> Not quite the same. <projectref> allowed the projects to be "running" in
> tandem and for dependencies to exist beteween the projects. e.g.
>
> <projectref file="blah.xml" ref="blah"/>
>
> <target name="test" depends="blah:init">
>   <javac srcdir="${blah:src.dir}"/>
> </target>
>
> Syntax et al up for grabs but still very different from <ant>

Ah, ok, now I get it, thanks :-)

Basically it's an <ant> file that exposes targets and properties.
Given this, I understand the proposal of making:

   <import>     -> <include>
   <projectref> -> <import>

although I'm personally +-0 on either denomination.

But is the above not overlapping with Gump?

Personally, I don't see the real need for it, as the same can be done
with correctly-written @importable files. In the specific, init values
should be included rather than imported.

Can you point me to some relevant use-cases?

TIA

             - verba volant, scripta manent -