ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CVS.exe for Ant
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2003 06:01:11 GMT

Anderson, Robert H - MWT wrote, On 25/07/2003 0.35:

> It would be nice if the cvs tasks were rewritten to use a java cvs
> implementation rather than the native cvs binary for the os. Is there a java
> cvs implementation that is prefered? Thoughts?

Well, AFAIK there is JCvs and the NetBeans CVS module.

JCVS did not have an Apache-compatible license, but I've heard that the
author thought of changing it, but I still don't know.

What I would suggest is the NetBeans CVS library, as:
  - it's license compatible
  - it has a good user base (Netbeans users)
  - it has a community around it

If you look on the Netbeans site you will find the project page of this
library with instructions on how to use it standalone.

It would be great if Ant used it :-D

             - verba volant, scripta manent -