ant-dev mailing list archives

From Alexey Solofnenko <>
Subject RE: [Patch] keep-alive feature
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2003 15:52:40 GMT
Actually the reason to implement keep-alive (originally keep-going) is to
find as many problems as possible. It is done by executing all targets that
do not depend directly or indirectly on failed targets. It is not
fail-on-error flag - the build will still fail.

There is a link that explaining the feature in make:

- Alexey.

-----Original Message-----
From: peter reilly []
Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2003 7:18 AM
To: Ant Developers List
Subject: Re: [Patch] keep-alive feature

The keep-alive feature is not quite the same
as a fail-on-error on each task, it is more
like a fail-on-error for each target.

I have test-driven it in my build env where
I have a large number of c++ programs to compile.

It is nice to able to change a header file and
then compile all the programs again, and use next-error
to hop tru all the errors.

For the nightly build and for normal use however, I want to
fail on the first error.