ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: ant 1.5.4 : Import
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2003 14:55:47 GMT
a) I personally think that (2) is the least surprising answer,

and furthermore that

b) the effective basedir for the task to operate inside any
   imported file should always be the outermost one.

Also,

c) Imported projects which have an explicit basedir specified
   should result in a warning about that attribute being ignored.

In other words, the context of execution of any imported file should be the
top level build file. I foresee no end in the confusion that would result
otherwise.

Some might argue that an imported file should be able to know where if was
imported from, but I see this as dangerous. It's a limitation that would
make imports in Ant very straightforward.

I'm interested to hear about use bases that would refute my argument on the
other hand, to see what I missed. Thanks, --DD