ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: [Patch] keep-alive feature
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2003 14:25:46 GMT
This discussing brings back the still pending issue of having a generic
if/unless on all tasks/types to name just an example...

failonerror, if/unless, ant:type, and some other attributes most likely,
control 'aspects' of the build, that should be dealt with in a single place!

Now that Ant is namespace-aware, and can make use of the reserved ant:
namespace (I know it's not the prefix but the namespace name that
matters...), and now that the way was opened with ant:type, then it is
probably time to also add ant:if, ant:unless, ant:failonerror, etc...

These meta-attributes could be used on any XML elements of the  build file,
and the attributes equivalent to them in the few tasks where they're
hand-written could be deprecated.

Seems to me Ant has all the elements to do AOP without the need to use
AspectJ. Just my usual $.02 of course ;-) --DD