ant-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: problems with import task
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2003 15:32:29 GMT
On Wednesday, July 16, 2003, at 10:19  AM, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>> I'm finally getting around to trying the latest features of CVS Ant
>> in a production environment.  The <import> task will help
>> tremendously, no question, but I've run into a couple of issues:
>> - I tried doing to <import>'s in the same build file, and the second
>> import failed because it could not find the file, although it appears
>> the relative base directory is being mangled after the first import.
>> Or am I confused and missing something here?
>
> Sorry, but I don't understand. Can you please post a buildfile with
> the problem? We can then fix it and add it to the testcases.

I did this:

	<import file="../shared.xml"/>
	<import file="../shared-db.xml"/>

The second import failed because (sorry, I don't have the exact message
handy) it could not find the file, even though it was there in the
parent directory.

>> - Having the stuff imported *after* all the top-level items really is
>> making things tough.  I've had to move some top-level stuff specific
>> to my concrete project into an init target since it relies on
>> properties set from the imported build file.  I'm guessing this is
>> hard to fix though?
>
> At first it worked this way, but then something was changed. It should
> not be hard.

I'll try Peter's recent patch to it out soon and see where things are
then.

	Erik