ant-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject problems with import task
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2003 16:30:51 GMT
I'm finally getting around to trying the latest features of CVS Ant in
a production environment.  The <import> task will help tremendously, no
question, but I've run into a couple of issues:

- I tried doing to <import>'s in the same build file, and the second
import failed because it could not find the file, although it appears
the relative base directory is being mangled after the first import.
Or am I confused and missing something here?

- Having the stuff imported *after* all the top-level items really is
making things tough.  I've had to move some top-level stuff specific to
my concrete project into an init target since it relies on properties
set from the imported build file.  I'm guessing this is hard to fix
though?

I haven't had time to dig deeper into these issues, but I wanted to
toss them out there in case someone else is eager to jump on it.

	Erik