ant-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Ant Documentation
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2003 18:36:17 GMT
On Thursday, July 17, 2003, at 01:31  PM, Andrew Marlow wrote:
> dev@ant.apache.org writes:
>> Hi Andrew,
>> I must confess I have downloaded your bz2 file but not yet opened it.
>> I am interested by your work, because ant documentation needs to be
>> improved, but my personal inclination would be to perfect the
>> proposal of
>> Erik Hatcher (with xdocs)
>
> What proposal is that?

Look in Ant's CVS in the proposal/xdocs directory.

Basically the HTML docs are "legacy" and we will generate them from
Ant's own source code using XDoclet to generate XML "descriptors" of
Ant tasks that can then get transformed into HTML, or whatever format
desired.

> AFAIK, the only other proposal is to use DocBook
> which my approach will allow via some scripts I am working on.

I'd recommend you start with the XML files generated by proposal/xdocs
and work from there.  Don't use the static HTML files as a basis of
your generation.

	Erik