ant-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: xdocs - link to wiki?
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2003 20:30:23 GMT
On Tuesday, July 29, 2003, at 10:26  AM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> I'd be very careful with pulling down examples for our tasks from a
> page that anybody can edit (mostly anonymously) and include it in our
> distribution as definitive reference information.
>
> I'm even hesitant to do it for online docs.

Yeah, I understand the hesitation.  Although....

> Can I get the Wiki (whichever wiki) to send things like commit mails?

I just e-mailed Andy Oliver about whether we can get the nagoya wiki to
e-mail dev@ when the Ant or sub pages change.

There is an RSS feed, at least.  And certainly having an e-mail sent
when a page changes is an easy thing to implement - so hopefully that
kind of thing is already a feature of at least some wiki packages.

> I really do not want to browse dozens of pages (as we have dozens of
> tasks) every day to monitor them - and I certainly do not want to get
> mails for pages that do not contribute to the Ant manual, of course.

No, I would not advocate either of those.

	Erik