ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: ant/src/testcases/org/apache/tools/ant DirectoryScannerTest.java
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2003 17:13:17 GMT
Antoine Levy-Lambert wrote:

> Sorry, I had some disorder in my ant.jar files, here are real results, which
> are even much better in terms of speed for the new DirectoryScanner (at
> least for the fileset containing specific includes) :
>
> tests done on nagoya (Solaris)
>
> NEW VERSION
> fileset1 : 117
> fileset2 6813
>
> CVS July 10th 2003
> fileset1 : 821
> fileset2 : 6694

I like the speedup of the specific case; it would probably more than
compensate for the negative impact on the big fileset case. Remember, a
big fileset operation is often followed by a big operation -like javac,
jar, ftp, so the dir scan time is a smaller percentage of the total task
('cept of course uptodate).

-steve