ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Multiple Class-Path in MANIFEST.MF (PRs 4683 and 21170)
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2003 16:24:42 GMT
Conor MacNeill wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 09:14 pm, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>Problem 1 seems to be that the MANIFEST spec says that attributes
>>cannot be repeated in one section while other specs say that you could
>>do that for the Class-Path attribute in the main section.  It seems
>>that JDK 1.4.2 now emits warnings for duplicate attribute names, and
>>these warnings include the Class-Path attribute.
>

> This is pretty odd
> http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/extensions/spec.html
>
> "Multiple Class-Path headers may be specified, and are combined sequentially."
>
> We can add a warning to the Manifest code, I guess and perhaps even combine
> into a single attribute.

well, now that 1.4.2 has shipped if there is a diff from spec to impl,
we can complain.

As an aside, I spent last night tracking down a 1.4.2 regression in my
code. the cause: the new PIII floating point stuff, in which floats are
moved to the PIII SSE register set, and (if present), doubles to the P4
SSE2 FPU. It looks like the new register sets are more accurate than the
old x86 ones, so some floating point number comparisions were failing,
when they were suceeding before.

-steve