ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Wannheden, Knut" <knut.wannhe...@paranor.ch>
Subject RE: FileUtils#normalize(File)
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2003 09:14:48 GMT

> > I get the impression FileUtils#normalize(File) mimics the behaviour
> > of File#getCanonicalFile().
>
> To a certain extent, yes.
>
> > But I suppose there's a good reason for not using that method
>
> Symbolic links.

Makes sense.  I've added that as a comment to FileUtils#normalize(String).

For VMS I intend to add a method FileUtils#toVMSPath(File):String.  I was
just thinking if a more generic FileUtils#toOSPath(File):String would make
sense.  What do you think?

Another question: Now that Java 1.2 will be required, do you intend to
refactor the code to use the new Java 1.2 classes and change code which now
uses reflection to access some of the Java 1.2 methods?

--
knut