ant-dev mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: ant 1.5.4 : Import
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2003 12:49:27 GMT
On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 10:26 pm, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> What about:
>
>   <import file="blah.xml" name="blah"/>

Sure - pretty much what I thought, maybe a more descriptive attribute name
(overrideprefix). It would default to the imported project name.

> So IIUC it's really only about making the import task resolve files
> relative to the basedir of the project that imports, as you say above.

Yes. This is how Ant works for other tasks so it should work that way for
import too. The resolution does have to be done in Import itself using a
String argument since the default File argument would be resolved by Ant to
the outermost project's basedir which would be wrong.

Conor