ant-dev mailing list archives

From Magiel Bruntink <mag...@software-improvers.com>
Subject Testing of Ant
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2003 11:15:43 GMT
Dear Ant developers,

I am currently working on a paper regarding the evaluation of software testability.
To validate theoretical results, I have used the Ant sources as the subject of a case study.
I would like to ask you to answer two questions about the way Ant is tested.
Your answers will help me provide context for the case study, and improve its validity.

1. Do you use some kind of testing criterion? In other words, is there some kind of rule
describing what should be tested? Examples of such a criterion could be:
"every line of code should be executed during testing" or "every method should
have at least one test case." Often such a criterion is referred to as code coverage
criterion.

2. Is the level of compliance to the testing criterion subject to measurement? In case
of the first example, the percentage of lines executed during testing could be measured.
Do you use a tool to automatically calculate your code coverage?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Yours,

Magiel Bruntink
magiel@software-improvers.com