ant-dev mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: Test Failures
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2003 12:21:03 GMT
On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 06:00 pm, peter reilly wrote:

> It would be difficult to provide a different implementation.

Wouldn't cloning the list before iteration do that. It would make the changes
ineffective but not terminal. Not sure if it worth the effort to prevent this
scenario.

> A thing to note though is that the script task, and any custom task
> can interact with the Ant runtime mechanism. This is a good thing, but
> one needs to be extremely careful as internal ant mechanisms may change
> from release to release, even if the api does not change.

script is the biggest issue when it comes to backward compatibility issues
since it makes the Ant internals open to the build writer which is a
potentially larger population than Custom task developers. So, we even ned to
be careful with changes to the internal mechanisms.

Conor