ant-dev mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: New Laucher
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2003 13:00:37 GMT
On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 10:02 pm, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Jun 2003, Conor MacNeill <conor@cortexebusiness.com.au>
>
> wrote:
> > Thoughts?
>
> The only thing I've stumbled over for now is the almost duplicate code
> of Locator#getClassLocationURL and
> oata.util.LoaderUtils#getClassSource - I'd like to see them merged in
> some way.

I wanted to keep the dependencies between Ant proper and the launcher to a
minimum. To have the code available to the launcher, the only choice would be
to move the code into the launcher.Locator and make use of it from there. I
don't think the current code would be good candidate for that due to its
coupling to FileUtils. The alternative candidate code (commented out) would
be OK, although I'm a bit leery of the url.openConnection().

What do you think?

Conor