ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Antoine Levy-Lambert" <anto...@antbuild.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: ant/src/testcases/org/apache/tools/ant DirectoryScannerTest.java
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2003 12:28:20 GMT
Stefan,

> Maybe using something like findFileCaseInsensitive instead of
> getCanonicalPath would be better.  If we agree that we need to return
> the exact case on case insensitive filesystems, that is.

this seems to be the only solution which preserves the old behavior of
DirectoryScanner and works everywhere. I am afraid that if we use it we are
going to lose the benefit of the optimization, because the time gained is
the time necessary to read each directory.

I am going to give speed figures for 3 cases :
 - current code
-  getCanonicalPath replaced by findFileCaseUnsensitive
 - code ASOF July 10th (no optimization)

Cheers
Antoine