ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Antoine Levy-Lambert" <anto...@antbuild.com>
Subject Re: Any chance for fileset arithmetic?
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2003 17:25:25 GMT
From: "Alexey Solofnenko" <A.Solofnenko@mdl.com>
Sent: Friday, July 25, 2003 5:19 PM

>   Without basic fileset operations I have to use <copy> to prepare
different
> images. Would it be possible to add fileset joining, subtraction, file
> renaming/mapping, and selectors into fileset itself? Currently only
<zip(and
> Co)fileset>s support some of the mapping functionality.

This sounds like good ideas.

Concerning fileset joining, there is an entry in bugzilla for the creation
of sets of filesets and zipfilesets.
You might vote for the bug if you are interested and suggest a name for the
new type.

Selectors are already in all filesets.

Mapping is as you said not in fileset.

We also have a plan to introduce some generic handling of resources (files,
zip entries, Software Configuration Management repository entries, remote
files accessed via ftp, ...).

I think all this should be thought of in detail when we prepare ant 1.7.

Right now the priority is to finish the import task and deliver ant 1.6.

Cheers,
Antoine