ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [GUMP] Build Failure - ant-embed
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2003 14:00:06 GMT
On 27 Jun 2003, peter reilly <peter.reilly@corvil.com> wrote:

> I can fix the specific issues but am unsure
> as how to compile and test ant-embed.

I don't know either - apart from looking at the Gump descriptor to see
what dependencies there are, and which target to call in which build
file, that is.

> Looking at the code, it appears that TaskDef2 has copied
> all the code from it's super class Definer. It may
> be better in this case just not to extend Definer.

Keep in mind that ant-embed is supposed to be used with Ant 1.5 - if
it doesn't compile against Ant 1.6, that's fine IMHO.  We just would
need to remove it from Gump and ensure that the Krysalis stuff doesn't
depend on it.

> Alternatively the gump target could build embed-optional
> rather than the main target.

There is a separate Gump definition for embed-optional already.

Stefan