ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <>
Subject Re: Overridable targets?
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2003 15:04:43 GMT

Steve Cohen wrote, On 06/06/2003 16.54:

> Here is a radical idea that I'd like to kick around a little.
> The prohibition against more than one target of the same name in the
> same build script seems logical, but it impedes a form of reuse that I
> think would be very handy to use.

It is already done in the <import> task that is in CVS for Ant 1.6.
So no more entity includes but a task to include other buildfiles, also
with target override, and "super" target calling, so you can basically
"extend" the imported target.

Nicola Ken Barozzi
             - verba volant, scripta manent -

To unsubscribe, e-mail: