ant-dev mailing list archives

From mpfoe...@thoughtworks.com
Subject Re: Ant scripting from Jython.
Date Sat, 14 Jun 2003 16:50:23 GMT
If anyone's curious, I've recently posted some code at sourceforge for a
project called Pynt. It's a java-based scripting language designed for
running builds, and it integrates fairly well with ant tasks. The code is
in pretty rough shape, as I've been sort of "thinking out loud" as opposed
to trying to get a real release together, but I would like to hear what
people think about the basic idea:

http://www.pynt.org

Jonathan suggested coming up with a generic set of classes that could be
called from a variety of scripting languages (ie jython, jruby, or xml),
which would be great. A language like Pynt could then provide built in
support for those features (a built in "file" type, for example, or a
simple construct for scanning directories), for developers who wanted
simplicity and didn't mind having to learn a new language. Thoughts?

Matthew Foemmel
ThoughtWorks, Inc.