ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: adding success & failure to <subant>
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2003 16:37:22 GMT
Jose Alberto Fernandez wrote:
> This can be achieved with the <trycatch/> task from antcontrib.
> Take a look at it.

yes, that was what I was planning to do for now

> I think it is becoming time for some of this very useful and
> generic tasks to make its way into CORE.
>
> What do people think? What antcontrib people think?

I think try and catch are better than failonerror stuff; the latter
means a lot more complexity in the individual tasks, which means more
testing (or worse test coverage).

So I am in favour of try/catch moving into core.

If/then/else is more controversial; I welcome input in that area

-steve