ant-dev mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: Ant 1.6 todo thoughts
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2003 14:19:55 GMT
Thanks for all the feedback. Some follow up thoughts:

I will be working on the lcp.bat replacement next. This will address the
command line too long, environment space issues, etc.

I'm reluctant to go through a 1.5.4 release. It is possible but it doesn't
give us much for the amount of effort in merging the code across and the
effort just to do a release. The javah issue is not too critical at this
time, so, I'd like to push onto a 1.6 release.

There is a check.xml build file for running Checkstyle although it is probably
a bit out of date. I will start to run this and generate some reports.

I think we agree that xdocs is the way to go and I think we now need to get
this so the content and quality matches the hand generated stuff we already
have. A preliminary reorg of the manual might make migration easier.

How do we want to approach bringing in try-catch? I'm +1 on the idea but
unsure of the ant-contrib situation in terms of granting that code to Apache.
Thoughts?

What about timeframes? Some non-binding target? Of course it may be too early
to say anythign sensible on that yet since there seems quite a few things to
do :-)

Conor