ant-dev mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: FileSet reference in Javac ..
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2003 01:10:33 GMT
On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 02:59 am, Harsha Kalidindi wrote:
> Hi:
>
>          I looked through the mail archives to see if anyone had the same
> issue with not being able to reference FileSets in Javac. I saw a query but
> no responses.
>
>          <fileset id="sources1>
>          </fileset>
>
>          <javac destdir="..">
>            <fileset refid="sources1"/>
>          </javac>
>
>          Why is that above not allowed? Do I have to extend javac if I want
> the above behavior?

Currently <javac> really uses patternsets rather than filesets. The <include>

and <exclude> patterns from the implicit fileset are used with all source
base directories to get the set of Java files to compile. In effect the
<include> and <exclude> are filtering based on Java package name (expressed
in the file system equivalent way).

I think it would be possible to support filesets directly - just nobody has
done it to date. I think to work in with the right way, the fileset basedir
would need to be the package root. There would be some work to do to make
sure that the fileset basedirs were added to the list of source dirs, etc.
Definitely possible.

Conor