ant-dev mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: Embedded dynamic ANT tasks.
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2003 14:40:24 GMT
On Mon, 9 Jun 2003 08:42 pm, Jose Alberto Fernandez wrote:
> You could do the following, which will require no changes to code:

Funnily enough, this approach is pretty close to what I was working on for
<scriptdef>. It doesn't use DynamicConfigurator, however, as that doesn't
really allow for deferred creation of nested elements.

> The only problem with this solution is that the implementation needs to
> provide its own symbol-table which may be problematic when using <import/>
> and <ant/>. It would be nicer if ANT were willing to manage this kind of
> use symbol-table as some sort of generic service.

<ant/>, <import/> may indeed be problems. I'm not sure yet - I want to see how

that works out and do some more testing. What sort of generic service do you
have in mind?

Conor