ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: antlib / proposal of Peter Reilly
Date Wed, 21 May 2003 07:21:13 GMT
On Mon, 19 May 2003, peter reilly <peter.reilly@corvil.com> wrote:

> 1) are build script authors allowed to specify arbitary
>     URIs for ant type definitions?
>     I do not think this is a good idea.

I've seen that Costin and Conor prefer that antlibs specify their URI
themselves.  Could anybody please explain why - and at the same time
please also explain why user choice would be bad here?  I feel I must
be missing something.

> 2) what should ant do with URIs that it does not recognize?
>
>     a) use current method - unknown elements
>     b) ignore them
>     c) explicty say that the ns uri is not supported
>     d) convert them to Text in task/typedefs (the suggestion below)

I'm on the fence between a) and b) and wouldn't like either c or d too
much.

Stefan