ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: Roles (was: antlib)
Date Fri, 02 May 2003 09:07:47 GMT
On Wed, 30 Apr 2003, Costin Manolache <> wrote:

> Can you explain again what's wrong with create ? I think I missed
> it...

You can't pass in a subclass of the type returned by the createXYZ
method as the object creation happens inside the task.  If you want to
use a subclass of Path named mypath, you can't use it in tasks that
use createPath for the nested <path> element.

> My understanding was that whatever is in use today will continue to
> work the same, we just add a new pattern at the end.

Yes, with the caveat that polymorphism doesn't work for the createXYZ

View raw message