ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: antlib / proposal of Peter Reilly
Date Wed, 14 May 2003 10:20:38 GMT
On Wed, 14 May 2003, Jose Alberto Fernandez
<jalberto@cellectivity.com> wrote:

> I would like for someone to explain how <ejbjar>, <jspc>,
> <serverdeploy> can have vendor dependent <weblogic>, <jboss>,
> etc. within this model.

Assume you have a weblogic antlib that contains them - and you use the
namespace weblogic or jonas for it.  In the antlib you define ejbjar,
jspc and deploy as tags and use them like

<jspc ...>
  <weblogic:jspc .../>
</jspc>
<serverdeploy ...>
  <weblogic:deploy .../>
</serverdeploy>

> As I have mentioned before, I have problems with this. It means that
> users are forced to use name spaces even if there are no collisions
> on the names of the components in the antlib,

I'd like to avoid this as well.

Stefan