ant-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <>
Subject Re: antlib
Date Thu, 22 May 2003 05:02:12 GMT
Conor MacNeill wrote:

> On Thu, 22 May 2003 01:02 am, Jose Alberto Fernandez wrote:
>> Whatever we adopt, it definetly need to be written from scratch. :-)
> Cool. All I had to go on was the code. If we agree that roles are based on
> the interface implemented by the nested element, that is good. It was my
> main concern. I still don't really see the need for roles but that's just
> me :-) Go for it.

I don't think it's just you, I'm on the same side.

Probably a small poll on the remaining issues would help clarify where the
majority stands. I think most people are willing to accept a range of
solutions, and a lot is a matter of taste and prefference.

So far I've heard the strong opinion of Jose on roles - and I'm not sure
on the other's opinions. There are 2 negative opinions so far. If we decide
to add roles, I would like to be clear where other committers stand.

View raw message