ant-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: antlib / proposal of Peter Reilly
Date Sat, 17 May 2003 19:13:52 GMT
peter reilly wrote:

> for example:
>
> <typedef resource="org/acme/mydefinitions.xml" classpath="classes"/>
>
> to allow loading of tasks/types from different 3rd party with some tasks
> haveing the same name, I have added a "prefix" attribute.
>
> <taskdef resource="net/sf/antcontrib/antcontrib.properties"
>               prefix="antcontrib."/>
> <taskdef resource=".../antelope.properties" prefix="antelope"/>

What is the prefix doing ? Is it related with NS, or are you using
it with non-namespaces ant ?

I don't think it's a good idea to try to support both NS and
"prefix.element" notation. For simple antfiles, just place all
elements in the default NS ( i.e. no ns is used ). If name conflicts -
use the standard mechanism to resolve name conflicts, which in XML is
the namespaces.

It would be confusing to have "another" way to solve name conflicts.

Costin