ant-dev mailing list archives

From "James Cooper" <james.coo...@maxware.nl>
Subject Proposal: VssStatusNotifier
Date Wed, 14 May 2003 11:20:24 GMT
Hi,
Recently for my company I created an Ant Vss Status Notification mechanism,
it checks for files still checked out before it actually retrieves source
from Vss. It parses the stream received from the task and creates a black
list and goes off to notify the affected users as to the files they have
checked out and the particular locations from which they are checked out.  I
had to override a the MSVSS:protected int run(Commandline cmd)and had to add
a getter method called getServerPath () to MSVSS in order to access elements
set from the task.

I'd like to submit this task, its been in use by my company for 4 months now
but I've not written any JUnit tests. I could write a few this weekend if
people reckon this is worthwhile adding.

<taskdef name="statusnotification"
classname="org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.vss.VssStatus"/>
	<statusnotification vsspath="${config.vss.client.project}/*.*"
      recursive="${config.status.recursive.switch}"
	login="${config.vss.uid},${config.vss.pwd}"
	serverPath="${vss.server.path}"
	notify="true"
	mailhost="${config.status.email.server.ip}"
	message="${config.status.checkedout.message}"
	subject="${config.status.checkedout.subject}"
	from="${config.user.announce}"
	messageMimeType="text/plain">

	<fileset dir="${build.dir}">
		<include name="*.log"/>