ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <jalbe...@cellectivity.com>
Subject RE: antlib
Date Thu, 22 May 2003 13:08:36 GMT
> From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
>
> On Thu, 22 May 2003, Antoine Levy-Lambert <levylambert@tiscali-dsl.de>
> wrote:
>
> > Reading this, and knowing that computearea and computeperimeter
> > accept shapes as nested element, a build file writer would know that
> > <circle/> and <square/> can be nested inside <computearea/> and
> > <computeperimeter/>.
>
> So roles make the antlib descriptor more expressive, this is true.
> I'm not sure that the build file writer is going to read the antlib
> descriptor, though.

But remember we want to be able to say this same things inside build files
so we can declare things not in antlibs.

> > This descriptor also says that ShapeInterface should have a special
> > meaning for ant, which for instance Serializable, Cloneable, ... do
> > not necessarily have.
>
> OK.
>
> With roles, would an arbitrary implementation of ShapeInterface that
> was not bundled with the antlib and was not declared to be in role
> shape be accepted as nested element in <computearea/>?

I would say you need to declare it as a shape or some other "role-name"
defined by ShareInterface.

The same way you need to declare something as a Task before you can use it as such.

> If the answer is yes, then roles would be optional and would mainly be
> used to make things more explicit, right?  This is fine with me.

Jose Alberto