ant-dev mailing list archives

From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Testing for an abstract method
Date Thu, 15 May 2003 18:49:06 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>>Any chance to get the <available> task a bit extended so
>>that it can also be used to check for methods, fields,
>>implemented interfaces etc. and specific properties...
 >
> Doesn't sound too hard.  I wouldn't augment available with it but
> rather create a new condition, though.

Any suggestions for a name?
What are the particular rationales to create a new condition
rather than extending <available>? I thought that putting in
declarations for further conditions would be a straightforward
extension:
  available class foo with
        method foobar(int, int)
    and protected static field bar (any type)
    and implementing interface xyzzy

Hm, one problem is the syntax for
   any method named bar
and
   method bar(void).
People will probably assume that no declarations for
parameter types mean the the latter and will wonder
how to do the former. We can just omit the first case
though.

J.Pietschmann