ant-dev mailing list archives

From peter reilly <peter.rei...@corvil.com>
Subject Re: antlib / proposal of Peter Reilly
Date Wed, 14 May 2003 14:56:15 GMT
On Wednesday 14 May 2003 13:23, Conor MacNeill wrote:

> > ant-type polymorphism is not a priority for me,
>
> Pity - it solves most extensibility problems :-).

Hi Conor, et al

I have merged the ant-type code into my antlib code.
However it uses a "magic" attribute name "ant-type" to
achieve the effect and not as discussed before - the
namesspaced attribute name like - "ant:type".

I can easily do a name-spaced attribute name for this,
however if this is done there will be only one object in
the xml name space uri - type. Would this be reasonable?

for example:

<project xmlns:poly="ant:polymorhic-uri">
   <copy todir="dist">
       <fileset poly:type="zipfileset" .../>
   </copy>
</project>