ant-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/junit FormatterElement.java JUnitTask.java
Date Wed, 28 May 2003 13:27:20 GMT
On Wednesday, May 28, 2003, at 09:26  AM, Conor MacNeill wrote:
> On Wed, 28 May 2003 11:12 pm, ehatcher@apache.org wrote:
>> ehatcher    2003/05/28 06:12:04
>>
>>   Modified:    .        WHATSNEW
>>                docs/manual/OptionalTasks junit.html
>>                src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/junit
>>                         FormatterElement.java JUnitTask.java
>>   Log:
>>   Apply patch from #20270 - adds if/unless clause to junit formatters.
>> Submitted by Eli Tucker
>>

> Do we really want if/unless on every subelement of each task? IMHO,
> this feels
> wrong.

Well, I only added it to one element of one task :) - but your point is
taken.  The reason I applied this patch is that I think it really
speeds up running JUnit tests if you don't want XML output (running
interactively), but want XML output when running continuous integration
builds for reporting purposes.

If folks feel strongly about it, I'll revert it.

There already is precedent in the <junit> task for this type of thing
with the <test>/<batchtest> if/unless capability.

	Erik