ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Patch] trying solve w2k command line length limitations
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2003 07:31:38 GMT
On Sat, 5 Apr 2003, Ignacio J. Ortega <nacho@siapi.es> wrote:

> what i've tried is to create a properties file from gump instead of
> passing the classpath in the command line, make a Launcher class
> that loads it in a URLclassloader and start ant's main,

Which also implies that we'll need to go through Ant's codebase and
replace all Class.forName() calls (we better do that anyway 8-).

> i've modified ant Path type to add this property to the classpath
> like it's done with java.class.path ( this property is readonly )..,
> and if using build.sysclasspath=only, this property contents are
> added in addition to java.class.path..

Which introduces a hole to defeat Gump, or any other setup that uses
build.sysclasspath=only.  I've not looked into the patch, but we'll
have to ensure that ant.class.path will be set to java.class.path when
the launcher has not been used - and do that before the user had a
chance to set this property.

Stefan