ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: antlib
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2003 16:13:08 GMT
On Tue, 22 Apr 2003, Dominique Devienne <DDevienne@lgc.com> wrote:

> I agree with Stefan.

Cool.

Now if only I could find time to respond to Antoine's original mail.
8-) Will try very hard tomorrow.

> Regarding AntLib itself, XML descriptor or not, I'm more interested
> in being able to partition the namespace used by Ant to perform the
> name to class mapping currently restricted to tasks/types.

Let's start with tasks and types and see if/how that flies.

If we want to extend the plugability to mappers or selectors or
whatever (I do), the solution in the end may be a flat namespace
(everything is a type) as Costin seems to hint at when he wants to
drop the difference between task and type.

Stefan