ant-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: antlib
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 18:57:00 GMT
Dominique Devienne wrote:

> [...]

No, because they add complexity to the simple case and to the lower layer.

I have nothing against roles - if implemented at a higher layer ( using
interfaces, declarations, introspection - or any other means ).

I am -1 on bundling the roles with the antlib.

You want roles ? Make a proposal for roles. You should be able to use
roles without antlib, and you should be able to use antlib without roles.

> So how do *you* propose we plug in custom implementations of all the
> things mentioned above, if not with roles? --DD

Add them as project compoenents ( or types if we don't merge tasks+type ),
and use interfaces, or introspection, or any other form of metadata.

Costin